Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I'm On a Roll

My whole life I've seen people get squeamish and all together uncomfortable at the thought of moving their bodies simultaneously with the sound of music coming out of nearby speakers. This has puzzled me because it's all I can do from NOT dropping a steady string of freak-nasty and probably somewhat irreverent bump moves at the slightest hint of anything that might resemble music or any of its derivatives.

I find that when I come across other humans with this same tendency, I make them my friends. I don't ask questions, I don't conduct further judgment. From the moment I find out our most important common interest, we are bound for always and eternity. I make such friends as a means to an end. Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with people, but more than the need to socialize, I am plagued with the insatiable need to have Impromptu Dance Parties (IDP). Whether it be in the car, in my office or subtly while I am switching between free weights at the gym, I love few things more than to move these bones and to move them often.

Since the dawning of time, IPDs have taken place throughout the world. None of these happy moments has ever been as epic as the one that rose from the dust of an open-air billiardhouse floor in the rural town of Las Galeras in the Dominican Republic early December 2010. I present exhibit A:



I include the YouTube description for your enjoyment: The Rhythm is Gonna Get You. IT GOT US! What happens when four young travelers begin to move their bodies with reckless abandon to a dope selection of freak-nasty Dominican rap? Watch on and enjoy one of the most remarkable impromptu dance parties of all time.

3 comments:

  1. This post has convinced me that IDP's need to happen more in the world.

    Especially at 86 East 300 North.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first paragraph of this post like 3 times. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IPD's seriously need to be a daily occurance. So glad I randomly stumbled upon your blog.

    ReplyDelete