Monday, May 24, 2010

Rest in Peace Ticka-Ticka


Last night I watched the last episode of Lost. My thoughts after five years of devotion (I say five years, because I started watching Lost partway through the second season. I was out in DC and I watched the whole first season on a video iPod. That's right, I was introduced to Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Locke and everyone else through a 2 1/2 inch LCD screen.):

Above all, I'm sad to see it end. I'm not a fanatic nor did I spend my sleepless nights speculating possible endings to the series, but I have gotten attached to the characters and their story lines. An island full of troubled plane crash survivors with sordid pasts, just makes for excellent TV.

I will miss the social outlet Lost provided me. Even when I watched Lost on my buddy's iPod, I ended up sharing the earphones with someone else at least half of the time. At one point we had four people watching that tiny screen! Since then, I have either rented the DVDs and watched them with friends or I have simply met up with others to watch it air on TV. Not only do we get to watch the show, but we get to talk about it after. I'm all for excuses to get a group of people together and Lost has been that excuse for at least four years.

And last, but not least, I am going to miss Kate. Especially in season four and five when she is off the island and looking really good...

In honor of a show that's had us all on the edge of our seats for the last six years, I include my favorite scene from six seasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UALYfVCLlYM

I guess now I'll have to find something else to look forward to every Tuesday night. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment