Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hug a Single Person Day

It's been a while, I know. I need to work on that. If it's any consolation, I've been updating my music blog pretty regularly ( themarkofdane.blogspot.com ). As for my personal blog, just a couple of updates to report:

1. I just got my hair cut...short. Not too happy about it. With my hair short again I look younger and I look lost. Don't ask me to explain it, that's the only way I can describe it. Luckily, it will only take about four months for it to grow back to where it was. Heck, I may just let it grow out to look like this guy (don't tell my mom)—

What do you think?


2. I ran the Red Rock Relay this weekend and loved it, that is until it was two in the morning and I was thinking about the four uphill miles that were in front of me. It was cold and I kept thinking deranged homeless guys were going to jump me and drag me into the bushes, but I just turned my iPod up and focused on the road. Just when I thought I was going to die of hypothermia, Cyndi Lauper came on with "All Through the Night" and I looked up and saw a shooting star. Another point of severe discomfort assaulted me on my third leg when I was running through the desert at midday. I had a 6.7 mile stretch that started off smooth with about two miles downhill, but then took a turn for the worst (literally) when it started going uphill. It was miserable. When I reached the last hill and thought that the day would end with me at the hospital, my iPod pulled through yet again with Dave Barnes' "Carry Me Though." "There's a mountain, here before me, and I'm gonna climb it, with strength not my own." It was perfect timing...literally carried me through.



3. I am in the process of planning a Masquerade party. We actually have a committee of 21 people who are planning it. We have five sub committees: invitations, decorations, food, photography and music. We may have to include another: lighting, unless we want to add another sub-sub committee to decorations. We'll have to see. Hopefully people come and don't complain about masks being against their religion.

4. I am a single man again—did I mention mortal fear grips my heart every time I think about it? I hate grocery shopping alone. I don't know what it is about buying food without anyone next to me that just makes me feel down. It's been about three weeks since the breakup and I've been feeling a little lonely. I was walking down the hall at work the other day and I thought, "Man, I need a hug." I realized it had been a while since I had had one and it made me miss having a girlfriend who would hug me every day. Don't get me wrong, us single men are tough, but every now and then, we just need to be wrapped in some arms. So if you haven't already today, go hug a single person. They don't get as many as the rest of the world.


Well, that's about it...for now. I'll keep you posted on any other exciting happenings as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment